I was tagged by the lovely ifyougaveagirlabook :)
This tag was created by suddenlylorna
The first ingredient in making a cake is FLOUR:
This is the book that was slow to start, but really began to pick up as you went along.
- I’d have to say Extras by Scott Westerfeld. I really enjoyed that book, but the conflict wasn’t even really introduced until pretty late in the story. But once it was established, the story definitely picked up.
Next, we add MARGARINE:
This is the book that had a really rich plot.
- Probably Allegiant by Veronica Roth. That book had a lot going on in it. And some of it made my little fangirl heart break into a thousand pieces.
Then, we crack open some EGGS:
This is the book you thought was going to be bad, but turned out to be quite enjoyable.
- I hate saying this but I thought Slaughterhouse-Five was going to be really bad because the first book by Kurt Vonnegut I ever read was Galapagos, and that book really wasn’t my style. However, Slaughterhouse-Five was incredibly different and is now one of my favorites.
The next step is to add SUGAR:
What is the sweetest book you’ve read?
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Hazel and Gus have an incredibly sweet and moving relationship. I cried like three times when I read that book.
After we’ve retrieved the cake from the oven, ICING covers the surface:
This is the book that covered every single moment you enjoy in a book i.e happy, funny, sad moments. An all-around book
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. That book had me laughing one second and crying the next. It was an emotional rollercoaster book.
For decoration, we add a dash of SPRINKLES:
A book series for a pick-me-up
- Definitely Lord of the Rings. That series will always have a special place in my heart <3
Last but not least, we’ve got the CHERRY ON TOP:
What has been your favorite book so far this year?
- Dang, that’s a hard one. I’ve read some really good books this year. Uhhh…I guess I’m gonna say Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell since I marathoned it and finished it in a day, which I haven’t done in a really long time. That was a hard question!
And anyone else who wants to do this! :)